Toshima Local Museum and Tezuka Productions Co., Ltd. jointly hold the exhibition “Heroes in Tokiwa-so – The youth spent for Manga-” in Toshima-ward from Oct. 24 to Dec. 6, 2009.
This exhibition is held to introduce the youth of Manga artists and post-war Manga cultures with their works and other source materials, celebrating the establishment of the Tokiwa-so monument in Nagasaki-hanasaki park located near the place where Tokiwa-so originally was.
At the same time, panels introducing Shina-town are also displayed and various events are jointly operated with the local community.
The 1st venue: Toshima Local Museum
Period: Oct. 24 (Sat.) – Dec. 6 (Sun), 2009 *admission free
Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 16:30 p.m.
Holidays: Every Monday except Nov. 23 & Nov. 24
Fusuma door (sliding door) with messages written by Manga artists and editors who gathered at the special exhibition held in 1986, original manuscripts and other works, pictures and other keepsakes during Tokiwa-so days, and a four and half tatami mats room at the time (reproduced) etc.
Memorial event *admission free
1. Talk show Guests: Rumiko Tezuka & Rieko Akatsuka *advance application needed
Time and date: 14:00 p.m. to 16:00 p.m. on Dec. 5, 2009 (Sat.)
Venue: Large meeting room on the 6th floor, Kinro-fukushi-kaikan Number of seats: 100
2. Screening “Tokiwa-so no seishun (The youth in Tokiwa-so)” (Directed by Jun Ichikawa, produced in 1996, 110 min.) *advance application needed
Time and date: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Nov. 21 (Sat.) and Nov. 28 (Sun).
Venue: The 7th meeting room on the 6th floor, Kinro-fukushi-kaikan Number of seats: 50 for each screening
The 2nd Venue: Toshima-ward civic square Fujimi-dai
Period: Oct. 24 (Sat.) – Dec.6 (Sun.), 2009 *admission free
Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 17:00 p.m.
Holidays: Nov. 1 and Nov. 15
Maps and pictures introducing Shina-town’s prosperity in Edo era, maps and pictures reproducing the life and culture in 1950’s and 1960’s (including those of shops, public bath rooms, book stores and theaters Manga artists used to visit.) Memorial events (co-operated with Kumin hiroba unei kyogikai) *admission free
1. Screening “Tokiwa-so no seishun (The youth in Tokiwa-so)” (Directed by Jun Ichikawa, produced in 1996, 110 min.) Time and date: 13:30 p.m. to 15:30 p.m., Nov. 29 (Sun), 2009
2. Kids Manga Exhibition Period: Nov. 7 (Sat.) – Dec. 5 (Sat)
3. Kids Manga class Time and date: 13:00 p.m. to 16:00 p.m., Nov. 7 (Sat.) Other related events are also held.
For further information: http://www.city.toshima.lg.jp/bunka/shiryokan/oshirase/015987.html