The Transformation, Shoji Kawamori Design Works
– from Macross to Cyber Formula to Aquarion to infinity-
As TOMM the 65th Exhibition, The Transformation, Shoji Kawamori Design Works – from Macross to Cyber Formula to Aquarion to infinity- is held.
New Information about the exhibition is provided in this site, or the website of Takarazuka city as needed.
The title of the exhibition: The Transformation, Shoji Kawamori Design Works – from Macross to Cyber Formula to Aquarion to infinity
Venue: Tezuka Osamu Manga Museum
(Mukogawa 7-65, Tkarazuka, Hyogo 665-0844 Tel : 0797-81-2970)
Period: July 3, 2015 – October 26. 2015
Hours: 9 :30 – 17 :00 (last admission: 16 :30)
Holidays : Wednesdays (except July 22, 29, August 5,12,19, 26, September 23)
Admission fee: Adult 700 yen (560 yen), Junior high & High school student 300 yen (240 yen), Elementary school student 100 yen (80 yen)
* The price in parentheses is a group rate (each group should have more than 10 members).
Organizer: Takarazuka City, Takarazuka City Board of Education
Sponsored by Kiss FM KOBE/FM Takarazuka
Specially cooperated by Satelight Inc.
© Shoji Kawamori・Satelight/Project AQUARION
© 1984 Big West
© 1997-2008 FromSoftware, Inc. All right reserved.
© 2005 BONES/Project BUREKA
Takarazuka city released the latest information about the exhibition on June 15, 2015.
The Transformation, Shoji Kawamori Design Works – from Macross to Cyber Formula to Aquarion to infinity
About Shoji Kawamori (Aimation Director/Producer/Designer)：
Shoji Kawamori is a Japanese creator of all time who defies the boundaries of genres. His major works include Macros series and Aquarion series.
This exhibition features his design works based on the theme:Transformation. So far, he has been engaged in numerous design works and it’s impossible to display all of such his works within the museum.
Therefore, the exhibition especially focuses on his design works based on the theme: Transformation, which shows his unique talent to the fullest. Please enjoy Kawamori’s design works changing constantly.
VF-1S Valkyrie (1: 6 scale, GERWALK)
NIRVASH (full-scale, Eureka seveN)
Aquarion EVOL (full-scale, Aquarion EVOL)
The Fool (full-scale, Nobunaga The Fool)
Design Works: The Transformation
More than 500 design sheets from 20 titles are displayed everywhere in the exhibition area. Also some displays are changed to unpublished works during the exhibition period.
Approximately 20 major titles including Macros series and Aquarion series.
- Collaborative menus available at restaurants around the museum! Seven restaurants located near the museum now have several collaborative menus related to Aquarion series. Why don’t you stop by to have lunch?
-Autograph Session by Shoji Kawamori Shoji Kawamori’s autograph session is held on July3, 2015. Further information will be posted on this site.
The latest information of Shoji Kawamori Autograph Session
Shoji Kawamori Autograph Session ⇒ The autograph session finished as scheduled.
Date & Time: July 3, 2015 13:00
Venue: Tezuka Osamu Manga Museum 2F
How to participate:
The first 50 customers who spend more than 3000 yens (with tax) on goods sold at the museum shop including the exhibition booklet can participate in the session.
- Mr. Kawamori signs only on the exhibition booklet purchased at the museum shop.
- Numbered tickets are delivered to the first 50 customers who spend more than 300 yens at the museum shop on the day.
- Confirm the number printed on the ticket, and stand in line in numerical order.
- Write your full name on the back of the numbered ticket.
- It’s strictly prohibited to sell the numbered tickets at auction.
- The numbered tickets will not be reissued under any circumstances.
- The numbered tickets are not transferable.
- The start time of the session is subject to change.
- Make sure to come to the venue while the session is held.
Contact: Tezuka Osamu Manga Museum Tel: 0797-81-2970 (Hours: 9:00 – 17:00 Holidays: Wednesdays)
Unpublished manuscripts are displayed only for the limited period!
During the exhibition period, the following unpublished Mr. Kawamori’s designs works are displayed among a lot of his design works only for the limited period.
* Kuchu Kiko Senki/Ambassador Magma July 3 – July 31
* Soshin Henkei Kahen Nuigurumi Shojo August 1 – August 31
* Works for unknown titles #1 September 1 – September 30
* Works for unknown titles #2 October 1 – October 26
・The above is subject to change without notice.
The corner introduces Mr. Shoji Kawamori’s unpublished design works due to some reasons.
Other than the works listed above, some other unpublished works may be displayed without advance notice.
Please check this site for the latest information!
【Product Information】 Special Product only available at the Exhibition: Shoji Kawamori Design Works #1
It’s been a month since the opening of the exhibition.
Rrom August 1, some unpublished works are newly displayed and products only available at the exhibition are additionally sold.
Product name: T-shirt for the Exhibition: Shoji Kawamori Design Works
A total of 4 patters, two colors each
Price: 3000 yen (tax excluded)
Release day:August 1, 2015
* Purchase quantity per person may be limited.
* No mail-order service
© Shoji Kamori/Satelight/Project AQUARION
The special event! Shoji Kawamori Night Museum – Autograph Session and Talk show!
As one of the related events for the 65th Exhibition, Shoji Kawamori Night Museum is held. Mr. Shoji Kawamori explains his theory to participants in front of his works displayed.
He also provides an autograph session and talk show along with the exhibition as follows.
* Please see the application methods below.
■Night Museum Saturday, September 12, 2015
Part 1 Design Theory 17:20 – 18:20
Part 2 Theory in Work 19:00 – 20:00
Number of Participants: 20 per each
Admission Fee: 2000 yen (with a special novelty good)
Venue: Exhibition Room at TOMM (2F)
* The applications for Part1 by students studying at design schools are accepted on a priority basis.
* You can apply to both parts, but can attend either one of them decided in a drawing.
■Autograph Session Sunday, September 13, 2015
Time: 11:00 – 12:30
Number of Participants: 50
Admission Fee: only the admission fee for the museum required subject to purchase over 3000 yen (at the museum shop.
Venue: Tezuka Osamu Manga Museum
* Apply to the autograph session in accordance the procedure listed below.
* Make sure to come to the museum during the time from 9:30 to 10:50 with the postcard informing your winning and purchase over 3000 yen (including the exhibition booklet) to get the numbered ticket.
* Note Mr. Kawamori signs only on the exhibition booklet purchased on the day.
■Talk Show Sunday, September 13, 2015
Time: 13:20 – 14:40
Number of Participants: 50
Admission Fee: only the admission fee for the museum required
Theme: about the exhibition: The Transformation
Venue: Atom Vision, Tezuka Osamu Manga Museum (1F)
【How to apply】
From August 21, 2015 till August 31, 2015
* Note participants may be determined by drawing upon more applicants than the number of participants available.
* The result of the drawing is informed by either means:
■Winning notice by post card
Losing notice either by post card or e-mail (as the same method at the application)
Fill out the form (below) and send it via the Internet:
*application available from 9:00 a.m. on August 21, 2015
Write the following:
On the front of the sending card
To The Exhibition Event Team
Tezuka Osamu Manga Museum
7-65, Mukogawa, Takarazuka, 665-0844, Japan
On the back of the sending card
1) Your Name, Address, Telephone #, and age
2) Application for Night Museum Part 1 and 2 Yes/No
The 1st choice: The 2nd choice:
* If you are a design school student hoping to participate in Part1 on priority basis, please specify it (write your school name/faculty/major) 3) Application for Talk Show Yes/No
4) Application for Autograph Session Yes/No
On the front of the replying card
Write the following:
1) Application by post or via the Internet only
2) Note one application per person
3) Available to apply all three event by one postcard/e-mail
4) Only the person whose name printed on the postcard informing the winning can attend the event. No other person can attend.
5) Make sure to bring the postcard informing your winning and ID with you when attending the event.
6) No answer for any question about application/drawing
7) Make sure to be at the venue on the time specified on the postcard.
8）Use public transportation to get to the venue
For questions about the events, check the following:
New products limited to the exhibition: Shoji Kawamori Design Works
The Information of products limited to the exhibition: Shoji Kawamori Design Works
Illustration of “Genesis of Aquarion” carefully printed on plasterboard with a thick frame. Nice deco for your room!
With genuine signature by Shoji Kawamori!
Available from Saturday, September 12, 2015
■Product: “Genesis of Aquarion” plasterboard
■Price: 30,000 yen (tax excluded)
■Release date: Saturday, Sep. 12, 2015
■Quantity: 20 pieces
*Note one piece per customer.
*The image is without the signature.
*The design is subject to change.